Re: IPC slower in local connection

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:25:45 +0200

Juan,
Whatr are you testing with your anonymous block? You send over the PL/SQL code to the instance, it will execute it and the result (time elapsed) will return.

All row processing is done internally, no network involved. So, your test won't help you to prove or disprove anything about networkspeed.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 22:41, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:

> Hi does any one please has experience or understand the internal processing
> of IPC connections.
> When is IPC faster, I read IPC can be up to 10 times faster but in the test
> is almost equal or less than tcpip connection.
> Can some one can explain which process benefits from IPC.
> Thanks

---
To unsubscribe - mailto:oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org&subject=unsubscribe
To read recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004