ORA-03232

From: fahd mirza <fahd-m_at_aero.com.pk>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:22:56 +0500

Dear Listers,
I created a locally managed tablespace with the following command,

CREATE TABLESPACE pms DATAFILE 'G:\ORACLE\ORADATA\VIEW\pms.DBF' SIZE 200M AUTOEXTEND ON EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 128K;

and then imported some tables, which occupied approximate 99% space in the tablespace. But when a users tried to run queries on the tables, it gave the following error,

ORA-03232 unable to allocate an extent of string blocks from tablespace string

Cause: An attempt was made to specify a HASH_MULTIBLOCK_IO_COUNT value that is greater than the tablespace's NEXT value.

Action: Increase the value of NEXT for the tablespace using ALTER TABLESPACE DEFAULT STORAGE or decrease the value of HASH_MULTIBLOCK_IO_COUNT.

As according to Oracle documentation, When you allocate a locally managed tablespace, you cannot specify default storage parameters or minimum extent size. So I cant increase the value of NEXT, also user settings for HASH_MULTIBLOCK_IO_COUNT are highly un-recommended by Oracle,besides its complex enough.

The rest of the schemas were analyzed but not this fresh one. The queries were also joining the tables from the other schemas. when I also analyzed this fresh schema, the error disappeared and everything was again fine. Would please somone clarify what happened actually? regards,
Fad

---
To unsubscribe - mailto:oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org&subject=unsubscribe
To read recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004