RE: ORACLE WITH MYSQL DB

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:58:12 -0700

I had a similar situation to communicate with a non oracle database. However, i understand that the Oracle Heterogeneous Services do not support DDLs across different databases. Our requirement was such that if a DDL takes place in Oracle the same (equivalent) had to take place in the other db too.

I settled for a different solution .

In this case Java i suppose looks a candidate. May be someone else in this list has a better experience.

HTH GovindanK
Oracle Certified Professional

To read recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004