Re: How to check what oracle patches is installed

From: <pawan.dalmia_at_pharma.novartis.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:46:57 +0530

V$version is the right place where u can find information about the Oracle version fourth number represnt the patch number for example Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
above indicates it is patchset 4 for base Release 9.2..  I am not sure about java version but feel u can find in JAVA_HOME/bin there is command which or version i am not sure about this Regards
Pawan Dalmia
Oracle DBA-Business Intelligence
Desk-566
Cell 9819588788

"+ACI-Nguyen, David M+ACI-" <david.m.nguyen_at_xo.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
09/02/2004 01:34 AM
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        How to check what oracle patches is installed

I am running oracle 8.0.5 on solaris8, I need to check what oracle patches is installed and if java, JDK software is installed with its version. How do I check them?

V$version is not giving me enough information.

Thanks,
David

To unsubscribe send an email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org and put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

To unsubscribe send an email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org and put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004 Received on Thu Sep 02 2004 - 04:26:39 CDT