Plea to Jared

From: <david_cohen_at_pisem.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:20:03 +0400 (MSD)

Jared,

This is a resend, as my last email never made it to the list.

I think you just got spooked by the fact you THINK you might be somehow responsible if someone posts a "bad" email. I'm asking you to reconsider your decision. Oracle-l has always been unmoderated, and it still is, so you're completely in the clear if someone posts something "bad". As a matter of fact, it's the fact that it's unmoderated that makes oracle-l the best Oracle community on the net.

Also, it's been your "baby" for so many years, I'm asking you, and I hope that others will join me, to take some time out, and then reconsider what you said. There's probably a silent majority who don't want you to do what you're about to do. oracle-l IS Jared Still (wow - rhymes)

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Are you saying that the list is still yours, (you still "own" the list), and have just delegated the job of peace keeper to someone else? In that case, you can mostly ignore my email.

Thanks for listening,
Dave.