Re: Oracle Security Alert #68 - Security Vulnerabilities in Oracle'sServer Products

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:32:13 -0400

Dwayne,
 Read the README file that is associated with the patch. There are a lot of conditions that you must meet before installing the patch. I like the first requirement the best.

I located the patch from the email they sent me. Do I fail the first requirement???
Do I have to file a bug report to locate the correct patch?? Do they really think that people would arbitrarily search for different patches based
 on a random number generator just so they could gain the experience of installing patches?
 Or practice their backup and restore procedures?

Ron

>>> dwaynec_at_infotechfl.com 09/01/2004 10:39:27 AM >>>
Has anyone looked at or applied the patch to a test server yet? If so,

what issues did you experience? I will probably apply it to my test server (Oracle9i on RHAS 3.0) sometime next week.