Re: New oracle myths?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:30:20 +0100

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:53:41 -0800, Darrell Landrum <darrell_at_landrum.com> wrote:
> Take a look at:
>
> http://www.dbazine.com/burleson25.shtml

There do seem to be rather a lot of ideas in that particular document - none of which seem to have anything to do with RAC Global Block Management.

On the Myths section, I am not aware that any of those of us who have spoken/published on the subject have suggested that the myths are malicious in foundation, speaking for myself its certainly more of a case of well these are some of the ideas that are around that have been less than helpful to me (in some cases downright misleading), and hey we can all test the Oracle platform for free, and get good reliable repeatable data out of it so isn't a better way forward to test out and document some of these practices.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA