Re: RE: package compilation hangs

From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 04:09:58 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.ixora.com.au/scripts/sql/executing_packages.sql is what you are looking for. Plsql code cannot be compiled if it is being executed. This sql will list all the SIDs that are executing the code in question.

Once the sessions listed are taken care of, you should be fine.

Raj

> Gogala,
>
> Thanks for your immediate response.
>
> <<SELECT * FROM V$SESSION_WAIT where sid= 667 >>
>
> If I kill sid 667, some other session appears in DBA_DDL_LOCKS table for that package.
>
> V$SESSION_WAIT says that it is waiting fro "library cache pin"
>
> We cannot restart the db. It is 24/7 but OPS environment.
>
> Thanks
> Jay

Best Regards
Raj

select mandatory_disclaimer from company_requirements;

Do you Yahoo!?
Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now. http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush