RE: Recover a table from cold backup-noarchivelog

From: Venkatesh Sadagopan <Venkatesh.Sadagopan_at_veritas.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:29:02 -0700

Hi Srinivas

            One more option to consider,

               Take this backup to a diffent system.

              Restore system,rbs and the tablespace that contains your table
( preferably all the files of this tablespace )..startup mount and drop all
other datafiles using 'alter database datafile '....' offline drop'. bring up the database. export the table that you need.. i made lots of assumptions here .. ( you need relatively a small table to recover and the tablespace that contains this table is not the only tablespace in the db )

Cheers
S venkatesh