RE: Recover a table from cold backup-noarchivelog

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:10:26 -0400

Srinivasa,

I am assuming that the rest of the current database needs to be kept, that you only need to recover the one table form the prioir weeks backup.

This is what you need to do:

1). Take a new cold backup of the current database - shut it down, and back it up to tape.

2). Restore the old backup from tape - restore everything.

    Start the database.
    Perform an Oracle Export of the one table that was dropped.     Shut the database down.
3). Restore the database from step one.

    Start the database
    Import the table from step 2.

Go have a beer.