Re: Transfer of Oracle-L

From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:10:15 -0600

Enjoy your 'retirement' Jared, it is well deserved. Thank you Steve for taking over, you are a great person to fill another's great shoes.

As for the rest of us OL flunkies, why not stay 'reserved' even after Steve has acclimatized? One reason I avoid CDOS is that I have seen too many professional disagreements spiral down into personal attacks. I look at some of the disagreements on this list and am amazed at how respectful the exchanges are (at least on the list). I still have the threads between Dan Tow and Lex de Haan that epitomize this approach.

I know that there is the need for RTFM, et. al. I'm just as irritated by some of these questions as the rest. It reminds of an old saying of being able to tell someone to go to hell and having them enjoy the trip.

Regards,
Daniel Fink