Re: How to convert RAC database to single Instance Database

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:23:02 -0600

Ah, that explains the swapping of the shared libraries! Thank you!

Problem is, the installation instruction (both Veritas's and Oracle's) do not explicitly instruct to save the old libraries; they just provide the exact "cp" commands to overwrite what's in "$ORACLE_HOME/lib". Awfully tempting to just copy/paste them. Out of habit, I saved the old ones to ".old" names first. Went through all this last week, but clearly I hadn't digested the meaning of all the steps yet. Thank goodness for old habits, though.

Thanks for the insight, Sten!