RE: How to recover SYSTEM objects

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:55:29 -0400

Caveat emptor: They are not always right!

 Does your database still run and have not problems? Then just forget recreating the system user. If not, and it is trashed, try rerunning the catalog scripts which should not make thing worse or at best create a new database and import the other users, not sys or system.

Ruth

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Ruth Gramolini Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 10:26 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I may be missing something here, but if the SYSTEM user with it's = tables,etc
is created when you create the database couldn't you just create an = empty
database and export the SYSTEM schema and import it into the database = where
it is lost. If you have another same flavor DB with the SYSTEM schema = intact
you could try to use this. If it is created when the cat*.sql scripts = are
run you could just rerun them.

Just a thot,
Ruth