Re: Oracle 9i Top 20 Features?

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:10:25 +0200

I think the Top 20 would depend on what sort of role you're in (Developer, SysAdmin, DBA, Architect). There are (so far) no World Championships in New Features, but perhaps we should arrange one...

So you either need to be more specific, or you will end up with various lists compiled by people depending entirely on what they know beforehand, what they found first in the manuals, what their jobs entitle or what other people mentioned randomly to them as Great New Features.

It's like asking for a list of the Top 10 Cars in the World. It all depends. I'm not sure my Honda Shuttle would qualify in any other category than Armored Personnel Carrier (what you need if you have four kids).

Best regards,

Mogens