Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> RE: Re: Is anyone using Cluster file system using OCFS for Linux for Oracle Cluster Registry and CRS voting disk?

RE: Re: Is anyone using Cluster file system using OCFS for Linux for Oracle Cluster Registry and CRS voting disk?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:45:01 -0400

Thanks, Sten.

I'll look through those. I'm doing an evaluation for readiness for production so I'll probably shy away from OCFS2. If the file opening type is the only problem folks have had with OCFS, then it's probably back in the running.

The client has also had great success with Polyserve, but if they can make 10g grids work without Polyserve that is 1) a pretty big savings and 2) a shorter less complex technology stack.

Again, thanks.

Still -- has anyone actually USED OCFS for the CRS areas?

Thanks,

mwf