RE: Current session information without parallel processes

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:45:46 -0700

Jesse,

>access to $ORACLE_HOME/udump). However, as I'm trying to run
>it, it's blowing up because multiple rows are returned from:

>SELECT vp.spid
> AND vs.audsid = sys_context('USERENV','SESSIONID');

I assume your testing involved a certain user named 'SYS' ;-) The reason is that all internal sessions as well as other sessions that connect as SYS will get a SESSIONID of 0. This is the reason for your multiple rows.

Not sure of your other question though - if you are using a logon trigger, just add the condition AUDSID != 0.

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at http://www.klove.com