RE: How to recover SYSTEM objects

From: Gamble, Scott <Scott.Gamble_at_cardinal.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:12:21 -0500

About a month ago we had a fellow DBA accidentally drop the system user. = Opening a TAR with Oracle the only solution they would give us was to = restore a backup and recover to a point prior to the drop.

We asked them about doing all kinds of things including the = export/import from another database or rerunning cat*.sql and they would = not give us the ok on anything but the restore.

Scott
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Powell, Mark D Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 9:43 AM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'

Jared, the user id SYSTEM is almost always an object owner since a fresh Oracle install will create numerous objects under SYSTEM at least under versions 8.0 - 9.2. Maybe Oracle cleaned this up with version 10 but I = see
junk related to materialized views and replication neither of which we = use
just after database creation.