RE: Oracle Error ORA-01401 ...

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:40:26 -0400

Invalid rowid errors can also be received in applications that attempt to fetch data by rowid where the rowid is obtained in one step, and the access by rowid does not take place until much later in the processing, where in between these two events the target row is deleted. The delete would include not only SQL delete statements but also table reorganizations in the case where the rowid to the target table is stored in another table for use in accessing the target row.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --