Re: External table novelties

From: Daniel W. Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:34:47 -0600

Mark,

Very creative idea, IMHO. Here's one thought...An application loads and/or processes data. To track the progress, you could do queries against actual tables, or you could have the app write 'milestones' to the pipe, then you query that 'table'. If you aren't querying the pipe, will the output in the pipe be 'saved' in the pipe until you read it?

Daniel