RE: LiveReorg vs Oracle's online reorg capabilities

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:44:30 -0700

It helps us!

We use LiveReorg on our SAP system. We have an active archival/delete process that purges older data. By reorging we recover space that we can redeploy, and index reorgs regain space and speed.

Not all of our databases do reorgs; not many of them need to. However, it continues to make sense for this application, so we keep doing it.

That's m'story and ah'm stickin' to it!

Cheers,
Mike