RE: Best books for Oracle 9i DBA OCP

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:04:35 -0300

The course materials...

Patrice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Dharminder [mailto:Dharminder.Kumar_at_Bmonb.com] Sent: August 25, 2004 11:18 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Best books for Oracle 9i DBA OCP

Hi All,
I am looking for the best books for Oracle 9i DBA OCP examination. Basicall= y there are following four exams.

1z0-007
1z0-031
1z0-032
1z0-033

And I checked the web and found the following ten main books available in t= he market.=20

Exam           Publisher 1                            Publisher 2          =
            Content
1z0-007        Sybex                                   Oracle Press        =

=20
1z0-031 Sybex Oracle Press =
=20
1z0-032 Sybex Oracle Press =
=20
1z0-033 Sybex Oracle Press =
=20
(All Four Sybex Oracle Press = These books contains material for all four exams.
Exams)
I also tried to search for the reviews of the books mostly on Amazon, but c=
ould only find mixed views. My intention is buy only one big book (from eit=
her Sybex or Oracle) containing all the exam (which is least expensive), ot=
herwise buying individual books (four) based on your findings.

So please provide me your experience with these books from OCP point of vie= w.

And I also understand only reading these books is NOT the best way to go fo= r OCP as Oracle Documentation contains valuable information which is very h= elpful for OCP.

Thanks in advance.=20

Dharminder Kumar

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged inf=
ormation. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender i=
mmediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any=
 dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intend=
ed recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, o= pinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endors= ed by the author's employer.</FONT>