Re: OTTOTOT: The Instrumentation Panel

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'd be interested, too.

I liked the book very much. Lots of ideas to think about and good for learning. It includes some quite amusing situations, some I've experienced, and the methods the authors/expert used to work through them. Those methods are the best part of the book, in my opinion.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

BTW. Something happened to the reviews on Amazon. I don't know if its a bug or whatever, but it quite funny. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/1590593871

All the reviews are about "JoelonSoftware.com" whatever that is about. If you *need to know* here are recent quotes from that site:

"Almost everyone who has worked with programmers or mathematicians knows someone with at least a light form of Asperger's Syndrome: the well-recognized symptoms include an inability to interpret peoples' emotions from their facial expressions, incredibly logical thought processes that make math easy but human relations darn near impossible, and fear of physical contact with other people."

and

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is quite possibly the best book I've read this year. It purports to be a novel written by Christopher Boone, a fifteen year old boy who suffers from Asperger's, and it hits the mark spot on. Christopher finds a neighbor's dog dead with a pitchfork stuck in it:

I decided that the dog was probably killed with the fork because I could not see any other wounds in the dog and I do not think you would stick a garden fork into a dog after it had died for some other reason, like cancer for example, or a road accident. But I could not be certain about this."

Do You Yahoo!?