Re: alert log entries not sequential

From: Daniel W. Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:10:56 -0600

Matt,

This is a wild-hare of an idea, but is it possible that SMON was up on one node, but could not write to the alert log, so it 'saved' the writes until it could re-establish the connection to the log? I'd think that it would start writing to a new file, but if the directory structure did not exist, what would it do?

I honestly don't know the answers to these questions, I wonder if anyone on the list might?

Regards,
Daniel Fink