RE: now what??

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:26:14 -0400

Robyn,
Nope, that was the point of my previous message. If the BBW is on a data block and P3 is 130, freelist increases will do exactly nothing and are a waste of time. Ditto w/ implementing ASSM. Rather, these BBWs are secondary to mutiple, concurrent, db file sequential and scattered reads. You must tune the SQL doing all the excess I/O, and the BBW problem will disappear. Almost certainly, it makes sense to start with the scattered reads. Determine the SQL causing the most scattered reads, look at the execution plan, try to find a more efficient access path for those queries.

Hope that helps,

-Mark