RE: database problem migrating from 9i to 10g on Solaris

From: Mary Bahrami <mbahrami_at_seattletimes.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:46:39 -0700

I ran into the same problem when using transportable tablespaces for = user data while recovering a system tablespace (recreated db and = imported w/TTS). The schema owner, sys, system could not access certain = tables regardless of what permissions they had; While support was = mulling over the ora-00942 trace results, I found a comment about mat = views and ora-00942s in a forum; it turned out to be the same problem as = below; those tables included in a materialized view were affected, and = dropping the mat view and log got rid of the ora-00942 errors. HTH.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris Stephens Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:16 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

are there by chance materialized view logs on these tables? did you by chance migrate via import/export?