Re: now what??

From: Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:35:01 -0400

Hi Darrell,

The sysadmins are using Glance, but mentioned maybe getting the EMC tools just this morning. The files that seem to be most affected by the problem waits are actually our smaller tables (4 to 6 gb), so breaking them up seemed unlikely to help. None of the datafiles are over 2 gb anyway, and many are in smaller pieces (which bugs the heck out of my OCD side - really messy). I do have Jonathon's book along side Cary's, and have included system stats in my wish list of changes, but I was waiting until the 9.2.0.5 patch went into production to try them out. Our test warehouse has been patched and it's performing fairly well - but it only has 2 cpus and one quarter of the memory.

Nothing like living the experience to bring the message home.

Robyn