ORA-12560

From: fahd mirza <fahd-m_at_aero.com.pk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:38:11 +0500

Hi Listers,

   Its an emergency please. I am experiencing a strange and baffling situation.I am running Oracle 8.1.6 on WIN2K. When in shell, I write svrmgrl, I get an error. svrmgrl> ORA-12560-TNS PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR

I have also turned on tracing on listener and sqlnet, but I am unable to identify the error.

I am also running Names server on the same machine, which allows users to not only connect to the databases on this machine but also to other databases on other machines. Names Server is running fine. But most of the users are complaining that they lost their connection after some time and they have to relogin again.

Please give me some lights. Waiting anxiously. thanks.
regards,
Fahd