RE: alert log entries not sequential

From: Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial) <MATT.ADAMS_at_GE.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:06:52 -0400

Actually, this IS the database that had=20 problems yesterday. We had
simultaneous corruption in the head of=20 both copies of the controlfiles and all copies of the current online redo log files. We also=20 had this bizarre alert.log, with non-chronological entries. =20

We're still doing the post-mortem on just what=20 the @^#%$&*$% happened, but right now, our best=20 guess is that when the connections between the two=20 nodes in the cluster got severed, that both of them mounted the disk and they both wrote to them,=20 corrupting pretty much everything that Oracle had.

Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com If C gives you engouth rope to hang yourself, then C++ gives you enough rope to hang yourself, your dog, your co-workers, and everyone in your neighborhood.