Re: Increased Memory, CPU, and Oracle process size since upgrade to 9i (64-bit)

From: <DEEDSD_at_Nationwide.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:00:35 -0400

I ran into this problem as well going from 8.1.7.4 (I think) to 9.2.0.1. The key issue was going from 32-bit Oracle on HP to 64-bit Oracle on HP. I recall there being some metalink notes on this. We wound up doubling our shared pool and we had to add more physical RAM to the box.

                          traci.l.rebman_at_rrd.com
                          Sent by:                 To:   oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                          oracle-l-bounce_at_freelis  cc:
                          ts.org
                                                   bcc:
                                                   Subject:                                          Increased
                                                   Memory, CPU, and Oracle process size since upgrade to 9i
                          08/21/2004 09:24 AM      (64-bit)
                          Please respond to
                          oracle-l

Hello, I have recently upgraded an 8.1.7.4 (32-bit) database to 9.2.0.5 (64-bit) on an HP/UX 11.11 server with 4GB of physical memory. Our CPU utilization, memory usage, and oracle process sizes have increased significantly. Ress. memory for Oracle user process sizes went from 500MB per 116 processes to 800MB per 120 processes. CPU and memory utilization is now maxing out at 100%. Has anyone experienced anything similar that could shed some light on how I can reduce the amount of memory used by Oracle user processes in 9i?
Thanks in advance!

Traci