Anyone running oracle_home with just Intelligent agent installed

From: David <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:30:44 -0700 (PDT)

We are having issues with OEM.
The OMS and agents continue to have issue going from working fine to not. We continue to have jobs go pending or submitted after working fine and the status of OIA in concole go red. WE can ping successfully the OIA and refresh fine when this happens. We end up having to do a node delete and discover and then everything works fine for a period.

I'm suggesting 9205 OIA as a possible solution. However, we don't want to take any of our databases 9205 as it's buggy.

Coleague does'nt think that any company would install OIA in it's own ORACLE_HOME for any reason. HE think that can't be common and has never seen or heard of that being done. Says he checked with ORacle and his buddy there has never done it either.

So, anyone here doing Intelligent Agent as the only component installed in a seperate ORACLE_HOME from the databases for any reason? I'm sure many are that are supporting 8i as the only version on servers....any folks doing it for 9i though?
Cheer
--

..
David