RE: fetch out of sequence

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:20:11 -0400

Paula,

Check the proc. According to the docmentation:

Cause: In a host language program, a FETCH call was issued out of sequence. A successful parse-and-execute call must be issued before a fetch. This can occur if an attempt was made to FETCH from an active set after all records have been fetched. This may be caused by fetching from a SELECT FOR UPDATE cursor after a commit. A PL/SQL cursor loop implicitly does fetches and may also cause this error.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional