Re: orcl 8.0.5 on linux 5.2 error

From: Bob Metelsky <bobmetelsky_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:07:22 -0400

Paul Drake wrote:

>--- phani krishna <dbaphani_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>hi all,
>>
>>i m installing orcl 8.0.5 on linux 5.2 and im
>>getting the following error messg.
>>
>>svrmgrl: error in loading shared libraries
>>libclintsh s0 1.0
>>cannot open shared object file:
>>no such file or directory.

He may mean SuSE 5.2 ...and thats an old version, probably 5 years old

When OUI asks for java location in /usr/local/java, did you ignore the error?

Im installing 8.17 on SuSe 8.0 on a low end machine , I got the same error. I removed the installation, installed the JRE and oracle installed.

A fellow on another list pointed to this document which is very helpful http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml#JDK

despite the doc referring to 9i the procedure is basically the same

Bob