Re: Seek Data Warehouse Design skill

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:06:36 +0200

I've done a good deal of hiring and interview'ing over the years. For instance, when I started up Premium Services here, we went from zero to 32 people in less than a year. Talk about having interviews. I've come to the conclusion that you can be misled no matter what you try.

The only objective criteria I have found so far is how the interviewee looks.

All other things, such as exams, references from his/her former collegues, CV's, documents of all sorts, behaviour during the interview, ability to follow-up afterwards, and, yes, all the silly HR maneouvres you can possibly think of, can and will be misleading in some way.

Don't let yourself be fooled: Go for the good-looking ones. Do not ever accept a CV without a good photo included.

Now you know why I've hired people like Morten Egan, Peter Gram, Michael Möller, and the likes. It's their looks.

Mogens

PS: I did of course attach pictures of all those beautiful men, but Jared's attachment removal device works, unfortunately.