Re: problem with recovery

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:03:47 -0400

On 08/22/2004 03:13:33 PM, "Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial)" wrote:
> Can't open with "RESETLOGS", says SYSTEM tablespace
> still needs more recovery. Guess we're up the=20
> creek with the proverbial means of propulsion.

Matt, if more recovery is needed, then there is a dirty and dangerous trick. You can set _allow_resetlogs_corruption=TRUE,

            _allow_read_only_corruption=TRUE then do alter database read_only resetlogs; and immediately do full export from the database. That way, you can salvage the data or what's left of it. I'm not a member of oracle support, these are undocumented parameters, you can do it, on your own risk.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA