RE: db links between 8i and 10g

From: Justin Cave <justin_at_askddbc.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:34:09 -0600

You should be able to create database links between 8.1.7 and 10g (and vice versa). If you haven't applied the 10.1.0.3 patchset, you are limited to creating database links to 8.1.7.4 databases and above (and vice versa).

All this is in the client/server interoperability support document in the certification & availability matrix on Metalink.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC