RE: Seek Data Warehouse Design skill

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was thinking "common sense" or similar and I did not intend "general intelligence" like an intelligence test.

I resisted posting on this thread, too. Because I'm not qualified nor do I wish to judge others. But, last year when I was in a leadership role on a project we needed to hire PL/SQL developers. I mentioned the some of my naive techniques, and have not mentioned many issues we had. Its good to get your feedback, especially the critical comments, because it was a difficult and challenging task for me. I appreciate and accept your criticism. Taken.

In my opinion, someone lacking independent thoughts, and that requires others to solve all their problems, does not read, does not understand the required skills, considers testing useless, and has difficulty with verbal communications might be very intelligent and resourceful. But, on a team with me (bozos for sure), I think they are not as good as someone who demonstrates the abililities as well as technical job skills.

If anyone else is having a late meal, please pick a few words out and have fun. :-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas

(PS: The OCP test is not a good standard, because anyone can get 100% quite easily).

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail