RE: SQL generating SQL - stupid question continued lines

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:11:19 -0400

Reminds me of my first job using a card punch to send our programs to the computer. Someone would need the JCL to do something, and my manager would say "I have a car deck that does that". He would hand us the JCL deck and say "put your cards right here and then give me this card deck back". He had no idea what all the JCL was doing - but he had a deck that worked, and woe anyone who returned the cards back to him in the wrong order.

Ahh, those were the days.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional