Re: Rollback to Undo in a RAC env.

From: Senthil Ramanujam <senthil.ramanujam_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:36:21 -0400

Daniel W. Fink wrote:

>I did a quick scan of the 9i docs and did not find this statement, but
>it was not an exhaustive read. It could very well be the same.
>
>Regards,
>Daniel Fink

Dan,

I came across this document when i was searching for RAC admin stuff.. I think this talks about maintaining same undo/rbs segment across all RAC instances.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/rac.920/a96596/mangstor.htm#21233

Note:
**

You cannot simultaneously use automatic undo management and manual undo management mode. In other words, all instances within Real Application Cluster environments must operate in the same undo mode

thanks.

senthil