RE: RE: Recovery Help?

From: <rstevenson_at_cobblesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:05:12 -0500

Thanks for the replies Ian and Ruth.

Ruth's suggestion below results in the following:

SVRMGR> recover using backup controlfile until cancel;

ORA-00279: change 3668927078 generated at 07/02/2004 02:42:41 needed for thread 1
ORA-00289: suggestion : /u06/archive/SDS0000166990.ARC
ORA-00280: change 3668927078 for thread 1 is in sequence #166990
Specify log: {<RET>=suggested | filename | AUTO | CANCEL} CANCEL
ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below
ORA-01194: file 3 needs more recovery to be consistent
ORA-01110: data file 3: '/u02/oraindex/sds/usrindex01.dbf'
SVRMGR> Mount U02 is the drive that was lost and now has the newer dated db files...

Any ideas from here ?
Thanks.

Have they tried: 'recover using backup controlfile until cancel;' and cancelling when it asks for the archivelog from July 2.

Just a thot!
Ruth