Re: How much archived redo is there to write during a log switch?

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:39:04 -0600

Leng,

I saw a couple replies on this, but they either referenced things out on the internet or what-not, and I'm answering this while disconnected (stuck in an airplane on ground-hold for weather, dammit!)...

The wording of your question implies that you want the information prior to archiving, but if that is not the case, summing the two columns BLOCKS times BLOCK_SIZE in V$ARCHIVE_LOG should be pretty good.

Hope this helps...

-Tim