RE: How should I connect to BEA Weblogic from a pl/sql procedure and is this a stable connection.

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:03:21 -0500

Jaco

   One approach might be to create a Java procedure in your database. Your PL/SQL could call this, and in turn it could access your Java service. I think the methods for PL/SQL to call a Java procedure are pretty well documented. But you may find the performance may not meet your expectations. There are probably several alternative configurations, so keep your mind open.

   There aren't too many Java developers on this forum in my experience (but many of us are Java victims). Consider going to forums.oracle.com and asking your question on a Java forum. My guess is that you are more likely to find people that develop Java and PL/SQL for Oracle.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive." -- C.S. Lewis