Re: 10g Platform

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:22:41 +0100

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:15:55 +0500, fahd mirza <fahd-m_at_aero.com.pk> wrote:
> Hi Listers,
> We are planning to install Oracle 10g in one of our companies. Would anybody please suggest what should be the optimal hardware for that and also some information about pricing of Oracle 10g or/and the optimal hardware. thanks.
> regards,

http://store.sun.com/CMTemplate/CEServlet?process=SunStore&cmdStartWebConfig_CP&familyCode=AMAZON25&baseSelected=2

will probably cover your requirements for a while. :)

Alternatively you could consider thinking about number of users, likely workload, response time requirements, storage requirements and other things that make server sizing less of an arbitrary exercise.

For a good example of the principle of this sort of exercise, deliberately for a different product so you can see the sorts of things you should look at and consider, take a read of http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/05/13/131464.aspx

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA