Re: 10046 - Unable to trace JDBC thin client?

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:01:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Do I remember making thin client connections with both tnsnames.ora and without tnsnames.ora from a client? There are so many types of JDBC connection and parameter combinations with Oracle client and server I may be mistaken. If so, sorry.

But, in the *without* tnsnames.ora case, the JDBC connection could build the required connection information without tnsname.ora depending on (one of the many flavors of) how the connection object was instantiated.

It might help to post the bit of JDBC code you are using to connect from the client. This might insure everyone understands your test.

I'm suggesting this because it seems to me like the trace should be working, and maybe its something else unusual?

HTH Regards,

Mike Thomas

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail