Re: 10046 - Unable to trace JDBC thin client?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:20:20 +0100

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:23:12 -0500, Tracy Rahmlow <tracy.rahmlow_at_aexp.com> wrote:
> We are using the Korn shell on AIX and I am familiar with the location of
> the trace files and $ORACLE_HOME.
> As an aside, in the spirit of never taking anything for granted I am
> actually a male and not a female.

I too can confirm - well you've got to do something on a train journey right - that tracing jdbc thin connections is perfectly possible through standard set trace in session type methods.

you know that you can append an identifier to the file if you wish "ALTER SESSION SET TRACEFILE_IDENTIFIER=TRACY" for example.

If you have a web app then I'd strongly suggest the use of a logon trigger as typically these spawn sessions as and when it is a pain the neck to find them. Pete Finnigans site has a number of examples of how to do this.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA