RE: 10046 - Unable to trace JDBC thin client?

From: Tracy Rahmlow <tracy.rahmlow_at_aexp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:44:23 -0500

I have rerun the application several times and the sid and serial# are static. There is only 1 session to monitor (no other sessions were spawned) and I can see the physical reads increase.

"Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
08/17/2004 11:45 AM
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: 10046 - Unable to trace JDBC thin client?

I can't believe that the type of connection would have anything to do with the ability to trace. My theory is that perhaps the jdbc thin client is doing frequent re-connects. If I'm correct you should see that the sid stays the same, but that the serial# constantly changes. I would certainly check that. If that is the case, then the session for which you turned on the trace (you need to specify sid AND serial#) doesn't even exist anymore by the time you managed to issue the statement to enable the trace, being replaced by a new sid/serial# session.
I don't have anything handy at the moment to test that.

At 08:44 AM 8/17/2004, you wrote:
>Are you confirming that this feature (tracing jdbc thin client) is not
>supported? Why would Oracle not support the tracing of a jdbc thin
>client?

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com

American Express made the following
 annotations on 08/17/2004 10:44:11 AM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank you."