RE: Saving a group of tables on a database refresh

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:02:31 -0500

Michael - Import tries to create each table. If the table already exists, you get an error. IGNORE=Y just tells import to ignore this error.

   If you try to import into a table that already has data, import will still try to insert data in that table. Most likely you'll receive a blizzard of ORA-0001 errors.

   Get a list of all tables and then list all tables you want to import into in a TABLES statement in your import parameters file. You can generate a list of tables in SQL*Plus by

      select table_name||',' from user_tables;

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
-- C.S. Lewis