Re: 'Auditing' user connections

From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

I have been using db logon triggger and a table for more than 1.5 years ... no complaints. Make sure that the logon trigger doesn't get invalid though ... in which case every connection will try to compile it, and since most won't have privs to recompile it, it will hang for a timeout and from then on it is downhill only. But if you take care of that, things just run fine.

Raj

> I have been asked to track user connections to a database (9.2) to see what logins are being
> used, where they are coming from, etc.
> Auditing first comes to mind, but our maintenance window for a db restart is not for a few weeks
> and the information is being
> requested ASAP. The first thing that comes to mind is a database logon trigger and a table to
> capture the relevant information.

Best Regards
Raj

select mandatory_disclaimer from company_requirements;

Do You Yahoo!?