Re: raid 5 disaster

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:33:59 +0200

Always follow the money. The Cash is in the Cache.

One interesting thing to ask the vendor is a paper stating that they will never, ever loose data in the cache, even if all power disappears from your buildings.

Some of them will say yes, some will say something else. But it's something you want to know: Can they guarantee data consistency in the cache - or not?

Mogens

Mogens