Re: 9i/10g RAC using Firewire Drive

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:58:18 +0300

Hi!

Have you read this article?
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hunter_rac.html

Btw, another way for running cheap RAC clusters is network block devices (NBD) or distributed raid block devices (DRBD) http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kripac/orac-nbd/

That way you could set one of the servers as storage server and a bunch of other servers as RAC hosts over regular ethernet. And since NBD can do write caching you could even emulate expensive disk array like IO environment where single writes are very fast. This is only for experimental environments for obvious reasons, though.

Tanel.

> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody setup 9i/10g RAC successfully using FireWire drive? I
tried for a while but I couldn't succeed.