Re: (RE): Calculating LIOs

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:29:19 +0300

> old days, that meant export/import. Today, 'alter table table_a move;' =
> will do it. Note that if you do so, all indexes will be invalidated =

I couldn't resist again, but if "today" means Oracle 10g you can use "alter table shrink space cascade" (after you've allowed row movement on the table) which will compact both your table and it's indexes online and even lowers these segments HWM.

It doesn't lower index'es height though, this would get too complex to handle..

Tanel.